Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bad Day

Its only 8AM and a number of events have already happened that would justify today to be a bad day for me. I will admit, I haven't had a bad day for quite some time now...
Aside from the every day crappy drivers I have to battle every morning during my commute... first incident: my money.

I know I have been needing to badly budget for quite some time now, and that I really cannot spend the way my parents do, because we definitely do not have the same income - but it honestly is hard to break away from those habits. I see my parents want something, or I want something - and they get it without hesitation... that's pretty much how my spending habit has been. I realize now, after 2 incidents that I cannot spend without thinking - and that I have to balance my account and now: BUDGET.

Moving on from the money, just small things have occurred this morning, that I probably wouldn't even notice any other morning, but today it feels like things are just working against me. I put my lunch in the fridge, and when I go to close the fridge, it sounds like an entire shelf just fell and everything on that shelf went rolling off. Well, when I reopened the fridge, sure enough, the inside shelf fell off (how the hell does that happen?) and everything got knocked over and out of it. It was a quick fix, but I thought to myself, "What the hell, what are the odds?"

Then, I get to my desk and I go to put a paper in a box that I've been saving so I can return something in its orignal box - and our cleaning crew threw it away. Again, WTH... what are the odds? Although, I stopped for a second and realized I can't get mad at them, they were only doing their job - I mean I did put the box right beside the trash can... but at the same time, it wasn't in the trash can so part of me feels like using that as an explanation as to why they shouldn't have thrown the box that I really did need away. Then again, that won't bring my box back - and its just a box. We have plenty more in our warehouse... but still... ;)

I tried telling myself as I was walking up the stairs to my office, that these occurrences do not necessarily mean I need to stamp today as a bad day just yet... I try not to think that the world is against me on purpose - and that sometimes: Sh*t happens... and today it just so happens to be happening to me. Lets just see if I can make it to lunch ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment