Thursday, August 19, 2010

What's meant to be will always be...

True or false?! I claim true...

My family and close friends will always want whats best for me...  as do I. Although, the book I've been reading has been giving me a lot of insight towards relationships. One of the chapters speaks on family and friends in your relationships. Your family will always wish to choose the person they feel is best for you, someone they think you will be happy with, someone who they believe will take good care of you. But at the end of the day, it's you who has to find someone for yourself because you are the one who will be spending time with this person on a day to day basis.

The book spoke on involving friends in your relationship issues and being careful to not be one sided in your stories - which I am guilty of doing. This is more than likely a result as to why Kaison's father has the reputation in my family and friends' eyes that he does. It takes two... and there are always two sides to every story. Although my best friend once told me there are actually three: yours, his and the truth. That sounds just about right if you ask me...

I've just been doing a lot of personal activities.. I've been doing a workout video every night, reading, and praying. I feel all three have had a very positive impact on my life. I do not go to church and I was never a super religious person, but I do believe God is doing his work for me as I have learned to just let go and let things happen as he lets them. I am finding myself in a very content and happy spot at this point in my life... and that's an amazing thing to be able to say :)

2 comments:

  1. I like this post a lot! I agree there are 2 sides to every story! I've never heard the 3rd-the truth! Makes perfect sense too!

    You don't really seem like the type of person you can really give advice to. Mainly because you know what you want/deserve in life. And most of the things I want to tell you, you already know ha ha

    I will say that I am very jealous of your blog updates (I'm soooo behind) and I do request some much needed Kaison pictures! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I only seem to put pictures on FB! Mainly because its so much easier to upload there...

    That is true, I ask and seek for advice a lot, but in the end I still make my own decision!... I'm sure a lot of the people I've continuously gone to for advice are fed up with me because the end result is never what they suggested...

    ReplyDelete